Monday, January 10, 2011

You Are The Weakest Link....Goodbye!

So Sam told me this story about Arnold Swarchenegger when he first started training. The weakest point on his body were his calves, therefore he wore shorts to show the whole world that they needed work. I am adopting this method to my own personal growth.

My weakest point right now has got to be my core/midsection. My solution: do as Arnold would do and wear a pair of shorts and a sports bra....yep...that's it that's all. Sure I feel a little uncomfortable at times but I have to get to the point where I am comfortable in my own skin. Makes sense now doesn't it? So while my wobbly bits are flying around...sure...you people who stare can make fun of me now. Just do it while you can. It'll be short-lived. It won't be that way for much longer. Hasta la vista, baby!!!

With the new year comes new resolutions. With that, brand spanking new members at the YMCA Downtown...yippee. While I applaud some of the new members of the gym when they work up a sweat, there are always others who just come for a water cooler conversation telling you how they used to look like and what they USED to bench. We are all here for a reason: to workout. So less talking and more sweating.

Only 2 months away from competition time and let me tell you now....time is definitely flying. I cannot even believe it. I am still having doubts as to if I will be ready. Will I have to wait another year perhaps? I hope not. It is one of my goals to be on that stage and from there on out tell people "I AM A BODYBUILDER." To utter those words would be just amazing.

One day....one day

No comments:

Post a Comment