Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Strike A Pose

I had my first session of posing with Darryl this evening. I am just so thankful he was able to fit me in his busy schedule. I was quite nervous as to what to expect. I slipped on my clear heels and into my shorts/workout top. Darryl turned up the music. He told me to have a beat or song in my head. I immediately thought "Sexy Bitch" by David Guetta and Akon. That's MY jam. So when I did my first walk, I had a lot of mistakes. Now let's list them off: not smiling, always looked down at the ground when making a turn or pivoting, my chin down and a bit of my stance was off. So we went over my walk and posing over and over and over again until I got it down. Darryl said my walk was way better at the end of the session then it was at the beginning, which I am so ecstatic about. All I need to do now is work on my breathing techniques to push my core out instead of what I am normally used to (sucking it in/vacuuming). I meet with Darryl again on Thursday. Until then, practice...practice...practice. I can do this. Easy. No problem.

I got my bikini in the mail the other day but it definitely needs work. Because of my low body fat percentage, I lost all my chest. Not fun at all. But Sam and I went to Fabric Land the other day and I found padding inserts to fix that little problem. Hallelujah! So now I am getting a friend's mother to take a look to do some adjustments to it. Cross your fingers that it'll be done by this week. I really want a chance to practice in it.

I really think I got a great chance in being in the top 5 for my medium class. Only 12 days away. Let's do this!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim!

    This is such an exciting post! I can't wait to hear all about the event!

    I have no doubt in my mind you'll knock out the competition. Just flex those biceps and blind them with your beauty! lol...

    Take care. =)

    ReplyDelete