Thursday, June 28, 2012

Recipe Time: Kimmy's Tuna Concoction

Yes TUNA!  It's that thing that kind of looks similar to cat food.  SURE, it's good on it's own for maybe the first couple of days BUT AFTER your tastes buds yell "NO WAY, THAT AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE NEAR MY MOUTH."

Tuna is a great lean protein source.  It's also one of the most common protein sources people lean towards when red meat cannot be consumed in their nutritional plan.  I love buying fresh (the healthiest low-sodium option) but if short on time, canned tuna is another great option to have.

Over the years, I have experimented with tuna in the kitchen just so I can keep consuming it without gagging everytime I take that first bite (BLAH).  To my dedicated followers, here is my concoction.

Step 1: Open up your canned tuna (120 grams drained) and empty into a bowl


Step 2: Add in 2 Tbsp of Lime/Lemon Juice (which ever you prefer)


Step 3: Add in 1 Tsp of any hot sauce (PC Chipotle is my FAV!!!)


Step 4: Add a dash of Stevia (optional if the hot sauce you added made your concoction too spicy)


Step 5: Mix all together with black pepper and YOU ARE DONE!  


ENJOY!

Question:  How do you make your "Plain-Jane" tuna taste livelier? 


3 comments:

  1. Excellent blog here! Also your site loads up fast!
    What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate
    link to your host? I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol
    My web blog : feet problems in children

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately we have been using plain greek yogurt and green onion diced up. It's really good! I will have to try your "recipe" though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUMMY! Greek yogurt is the best. Your recipe sounds delicious!

      Delete