Friday, October 16, 2015

Big Day Tomorrow

Well, on top of the countless things I have to do for the next couple of weeks, tomorrow is a big one. 

I annually do a photoshoot just to capture...well...ME!  Each year, I take an off-season to gain more muscle mass and lean out again to capture it.  The only difference this time is I am uneasy with perhaps putting my smexy shots out there in the social media-twittisphere-insta-universe.  Why you ask?  Well, I have a few reasons.

Reason 1: Due to an injury, I wasn't able to get as lean as I would normally like.  I didn't get a chance to do my sprints as I would normally do. I stayed away from doing heavy leg press and heavy squats in the cage due to the pain in my back. I definitely listened to my body and my chiropractor because I didn't want to chance it and hurt myself beyond repair. I was in despair but I had to make sacrifices. That's what life is about sometimes, isn't it?!
Reason 2: Will I even like what I see?!? Yes, even though I may look the way I do, I too have body issues. At the back of my mind is that younger, unhealthy and overweight Kim saying "you're not good enough". It comes and goes especially in times like these.  But, with doing a boudoir shoot, a woman is made to feel beautiful. So, I am going to try to embrace it and take it all in.
Reason 3: Not a hard-hitting reason but...who knows...the pictures may be WAY too sexy LOL. Therefore, only one other person besides myself and Khammy (my photographer) can see and that would be my husband Sam. Ever since I started my journey, I always kept it classy. So, I want to stay true to what my image has been and will always be.  There have been too many times on social media where I see young girls do whatever it takes for a tiny bit of fame.  "I want to be famous."  That's great but do it the right way and for what you love. Not for the attention. Do it to inspire people and not to make them feel sad, grossed out or feel bad about their own body image. My advice for them: Smarten up!  It is not only your life you are affecting, but the lives of your loved ones.  Classy and Never Trashy!

Well, I better get back to my prep for the shoot. I still have to find outfits to wear. Last-minute huh?!?  I know. 

Wish me luck. 

-Kim-

No comments:

Post a Comment